Inspired by Iceland
Posted by Max Naylor on Wednesday, November 02, 2011
The lack of posts over the last few days can be explained by the fact that I’ve been travelling in East Iceland, dipping in and out of fjords and checking out some of Iceland’s most superlative natural features: the Jökulsárlón glacial lake; Hallormsstaður, Iceland’s largest forest; the Hengifoss waterfall and the quaint and remote little fjord towns of Neskaupsstaður, Eskifjörður and Reyðarfjörður.

It’s a region of Iceland I’ve not visited until now, and it offers a much more diverse experience of Iceland. Driving there is quite a feat though, and we were presented with such obstacles as extremely sharp bends, high altitudes and snow, fog, rain and all manner of other weather conditions, and a single-lane tunnel with a malfunctioning traffic light.

I’m still recharging my camera and so will be going through my pictures tomorrow and I’ll be sure to upload some here. Normal news service will resume tomorrow.

Labels:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]